First you must understand what your dreams and goals actually are. One of the easiest ways to do this is to create a vision board. The purpose of a vision board is to help you visualise and reflect on your goals and understand more clearly what it is that you want in life. This in turn helps you focus your time and energy on the things that will get you to where you want to be. Your brain is amazing and it will work tirelessly to achieve the things you give your subconscious mind especially when reaffirmed with images.
To create your vision board, follow these simple steps:-
1) Take a large sheet of paper/card (A3 is ideal).
2) Flip through magazines or look at images on line and print/cut out those that represent the goals, dreams and experiences that you want for yourself in 2016 and beyond
Areas to consider:-
- The emotional/mental state and outlook on life you wish to have
- The fit and healthy body that you want
- The type of relationships you want- love, friends, family
- The career/type of work you’d love to do
- The business you’d love to start or be a part of
- Where you want to live and the type of home
- Charity work/ things you’d love to do for others or society
- Where you want to travel
- The hobbies you want to do
- The languages you want to learn
- Meaningful quotes you want to live by
- Things you’d like to own
3) Arrange the images on the paper and stick them down. Put your heart and soul into it and think about why you want each of those things- is it what you really want or is it something society/media/advertising has made you think you want?
4) Once you’ve finished it and added any notes, take a good hard look at it and keep it somewhere safe. You don’t need to see it every day or to show it to anyone else- this is for you.
5) Every now and then, dig out the vision board and reflect on what you’ve achieved, what you still have to do and what you no longer want. It’s a good idea to re-do this exercise every 2-3 years as you change and grow as a person.
Good luck and let us know how you get on!
The Goddess project